Know Your Local Elected Officials & Partners
It’s important to know your community allies! These are just a few of the elected officials, candidates, and community groups who are on your side:
Fentrice Driskell, Leader, Florida House Democrats
Michele Rayner, Representative D62
Dianne Hart, Representative D63
Susan Valdes, Representative D64
Henry “Shake” Washington, School Board Member
What have Democrats Done for You?
The Biden administration has also signed dozens of impactful bills into law and has had the most accomplished presidency of any Democrat since Lyndon Johnson in the 1960s.
Here are ways the Biden administration has delivered for American workers and families over the past two years:
1. Job Creation – Created more than 12 million jobs.
2. American Rescue Plan – Critical investments in Black families & communities by expanding the Child Tax Credit (CTC) cutting child poverty.
3. Small Businesses and Workforce – Extended a lifeline for small businesses by expanding access to business capital.
4. Housing – Ensured Black homeowners get full value for their homes; protected access to housing by combating discrimination; new actions to protect renters and promote affordable housing.
5. Employment – Advanced equitable employment outcomes and boosted wages for Black federal workers.
6. Healthcare – Lowered drug costs for tens of millions of seniors with Medicare Part D coverage, ensuring that no Medicare recipient will spend more than $35 per month on insulin.
The Biden-Harris Administration has issued a Presidential Proclamation on Marijuana Possession, Attempted Possession and Use which allows people to apply for pardon from a federal conviction.
The Biden-Harris Administration has taken historic actions to support HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities), including by:
- Investing over $7 billion in HBCUs
- Providing the largest increase to Pell Grants in over a decade.
- Supporting HBCUs facing violence.
- Being part of a whole-of-government approach to pioneering brand new programs in support of HBCUs.
President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris have led the most equitable economic recovery on record, creating more than 12 million jobs since coming to office and helping create new economic opportunities for African Americans, including Black-owned businesses, and made long overdue investments in Black communities.
- Lowering Energy Costs and Creating Economic Opportunities Through the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Making Critical Investments in Black Families & Communities in the American Rescue Plan.
- Historic Expansion of the Child Tax Credit (CTC) – cutting child poverty to record lows for Black children.
- Supporting Child Care Providers and Reducing Child Care Costs for Black Families.
- The American Rescue Plan tripled the EITC for 17 million workers without dependent children.
- Extending a Lifeline to Struggling Small Businesses and Expanding Access to Capital.
- Investing in Equitable Workforce Training.
- Leveraging Federal Procurement to Narrow the Racial Wealth Gap for Black Entrepreneurs and Families.
- Advancing Equitable Employment Outcomes and Boosting Wages for Black Federal Workers.
- Reversing Decades of Disinvestment Through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
Democrats have worked to make housing more affordable by:
- Helping Black Americans Stay in their Homes.
- Ensuring Black Homeowners Get Full Value for their Homes.
- Protecting Black Americans’ Access to Housing by Combating Housing Discrimination.
- New Actions to Protect Renters and Promote Rental Affordability.
President Biden and Vice President Harris have lowered health care costs and improved health care outcomes for Black communities by:
- Lowering Health Care Costs and Expanding Coverage.
- Lowering Prescription Drug Costs.
- Protecting Black Maternal Health
Even if you’ve voted by mail in previous elections, you must RE-REQUEST a vote by mail ballot to continue receiving your ballot in the mail. Recently implemented Republican policies dis-enrolled every voter from vote by mail and you must re-enroll every election cycle.
Use the buttons below to make sure your voter registration is up to date.